Friday, February 12, 2010

Sixth Valentine's Day...

This will be mine and Brad's sixth Valentine's Day together. Wow!! Our first couple of Valentine's Days I would try to think of really creative things to give him. My college roommates and I would all head out to Michael's together and buy things to make creative Valentine's four our boyfriends. I don't remember what we did four our first Valentine's Day together...I was still in high school (which is why you will have to forgive me for the hideous blond hair haha)

One year I gave Brad a box with one Hershey's kiss for every day we had been dating, one year he got some homemade picture frames, one year I gave him a book called "I like you" and wrote approximately 2,000 things about him that I like all over the book...

and one year I sent him in invitation to a homemade dinner at my apartment in the morning, and made him dinner and decorated a table really cute and we ate dinner on the floor of my room....


But, last year was definitely my favorite Valentine's Day because it was our first as a married couple :) Unfortunately I had been REALLY sick the whole weekend of Valentine's Day, so I didn't feel like doing much of anything, but Brad made me get out of bed and participate in his scavenger hunt. He turned all the lights off and lit candles all around our house and waited for me to get done. It was so sweet. Anyway we don't usually go out for Valentine's Day because I don't like waiting 3 hours to eat, and we usually don't make a big deal about the day itself because to be honest I prefer to be well loved all year round than just on one day! :)

2 comments:

Kate said...

I really like the "I Like You" book idea!

Jamie Lynn said...

Great pictures! You two are cute!
Jamie
lovelongtime.blogspot.com
maddiemackdesigns.blogspot.com