Saturday, July 2, 2011

One year post

My precious baby girl,

It seems like just yesterday I was anxiously anticipating your arrival, driving to the hospital, giving birth to you, and holding you for the first time.  Now you are toddling around, eating solid foods, and calling me “mama”.  I tell others all the time that this has easily been the fastest year of my life, but oh how sweet this past year has been.  I could never have imagined just how perfect you would be and how you would make me feel. 

You are such a beautiful little girl.  Your eyes with those long eyelashes draw everyone in.  Your smile literally melts my heart.  Your cute chubby cheeks are so squeezable.  Your sweet nose and lips I could just kiss on all day! 

You are such a tangible example of the way that God loves us Emery, and you bring us so much joy!  When we go in to get you in the mornings you are so excited to see us, and that makes me feel like a million bucks!  When you do something new and reach a new milestone you make me feel so proud.  When I look at you and think about the legacy that I am leaving I feel so responsible. 

I love riding in the car just you and me, I love when you laugh at me or with me, I love when you want me to hold you, I love showing you off, I love dressing you up, I love reading to you, I love tickling you, I love watching you talk while you play, Emery girl I just love being around you.  I hope that you know that it’s not that I do not want to stay home with you, but rather that I’m trying to do what I think is the best for YOU and for our family.  I would love nothing more than to spend every day with you, but I can’t, but that makes our evenings and our summers even sweeter :)

During only one year you have challenged me and helped me to grow in so many ways.  You have taught me so much about being selfless, about cherishing every second, about unconditional love, about priorities, and about joy and happiness. 

I pray to be a better Mommy for you every single day.  I hope that God will mold me, grow me, and stretch me to be exactly what you need.  I pray most of all that I will teach you how to be a Godly woman.

If the rest of your years are anything like this one has been we are on a wonderful journey.  I can’t wait to watch you grow up, but if you could PLEASE. SLOW. THIS. PROCESS. DOWN!!! 

I love you Emery Lynn Collins!!

Your Mommy :)

“The Lord your God is with you, he is mighty to save.  He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing.”    Zephaniah 3:17

No comments: