Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Welcome to D16

Well, this school year is well underway.  Botetourt County is on a semester based block, so since I teach Science I have the same students everyday for a semester (3 six week periods) and next semester I get a whole new set of students.  It is moving VERY FAST because we are covering a years worth of material in one semester.  I am really enjoying the new job.  I have experienced some challenges, but I am definitely enjoying being at Read Mountain!  I wanted to give you a sneak peak into my classroom…

View from the entrance

DSC_0669

My desk area

DSC_0670

My recycling bulletin board (This is where the greatest friend in the WHOLE WIDE WORLD gets a major shoutout for coming in and doing my boards for me because I was super stressed, and it just would  not have gotten done without her! Thanks Linz :) )

DSC_0671

View from the back of the room

DSC_0672

Homework board

DSC_0673

So far I am being strengthened, just like I committed to praying for this year…hope you guys are too…I’m still prayin for ya :)

4 comments:

The Harris Family said...

Awww its soo cute :)

lindsey said...

That is one AWESOME room for one AWESOME teacher!! So crazy proud of you and the amazing job you are doing. That sure is a lucky bunch of kids:)

Jessamyn said...

april, i bet you are an awesome teacher! i'm so glad you're enjoying it and will be praying for a great first year there!

Keeping up with the Jones said...

You are one awesome working mama!