Monday, November 26, 2012

Growing Up

Emery has had A LOT of changes lately, but she has just ROLLED with the punches.  I know she’s mine, but she is an amazing little girl!  She’s moved into her big girl bed, started preschool, had a baby brother, and now she has given up her PACIFIER!! I was sure this would be a HUGE battle, but when Wagner was a week old I figured that since we already weren’t sleeping why not try it.  I told her she was a big girl and that I needed her to give me her paci and I was going to throw them away, she looked at me really seriously, popped her paci out, handed it to me, and said “Okay Mommy, I big girl, baby Wagner use pacis, not Emery”.  And that was that (aside from the few hits she sneaks off of Wagner’s pacis when she thinks we’re not looking).  WOW!  Such a big girl, and I am so proud of her!

1 comment:

Meredith said...

Woohoo!! Another friend of mine had a very very easy paci-break with their 2.5 year old recently - they too were having their second baby and wanted to break the habit before she arrived. They were nervous how it'd go and she took it like a champ! I'll need this encouragement down the road! Way to go Emery!