Tuesday, October 27, 2009

A day in the life...

I've finally done it. I've accomplished my goal! I am officially a teacher that everyone likes, but I am also a teacher that they think of as being mean. I realized that I had reached this milestone in my life when I received a note from one of my sixth grade students last Friday. It said
"Mrs. Collins,
I love you. You're my favorite teacher. We still love you even when you're really mean." There was also a bible verse inside of this handmade card.

HAHAHA!! I laughed my head off. Anyway I thought on this rainy Tuesday that might give you a little laugh :)

And I also have a recipe to share that is SUPER easy to just throw in the crock pot before heading off to work.
Put in chicken breasts (thawed or frozen)
Add a 15 oz. jar of mango pineapple salsa (I buy the fresh salsa made by Kroger)
Add a regular size can of corn
Add a regular size can or black beans
Cook it on low for about 6-8 hours.
Then an hour before serving it place a fat free block of cream cheese on top and let it melt.
You can serve it over brown rice or cornbread or egg noodles.

This is SO good!! Brad said it was the best thing I had ever made, and it was hands down the easiest. Have a terrific Tuesday! :)

1 comment:

Keeping up with the Jones said...

That sounds super yummy! Thanks for a new recipe! :)