Monday, November 9, 2009

I am going to brag...

Yea, I'm totally going to brag about my wonderful husband, so if you are afraid this might make you gag don't read any further :)

I am SO proud of Brad for lots of reasons, but yesterday I got to experience first hand what a difference he has made in the lives of the guys who play on his Roanoke Star soccer team. We had a little get together after their game at one of his player's houses, and just about every single parent there came up to me and had something wonderful to say about Brad. My favorite story was from Matt's mom. She said that a couple of weeks ago her son e-mailed Brad to ask if he could miss two games to go to a YoungLife retreat. She told me that he was so nervous to ask that he almost didn't even do it. When Matt got Brad's response to the e-mail his Mom said he was so excited. Apparently Brad told Matt that he was involved in Athletes in Action and FCA while he was in college and high school and that he thinks it is great that Matt is getting involved in things like that too and that stuff like that is really important. So, Matt went to the retreat and his Mom said he came back and said that after being there all weekend he decided he might want to be a youth pastor!!! How awesome is that!! She told me that she is so thankful for Brad and that as her son has been playing for him the past two years she has seen a major change.

Not only has he transformed these guys into better soccer players, and a better team, he has transformed them from 13 year old boys into little men. It is so cool to see how they all look up to him and how they all respect him. I love to watch him coach because he's so stinkin' good at it!! So I think I'm done bragging for now, you'll have to forgive me, but you can't say I didn't warn ya :)

No comments: