Thursday, December 16, 2010

Little E's Baby Dedication

Emery was dedicated at church a couple Sunday nights ago. It was a special time for us to commit to raising Emery in church and to being godly examples for her to follow. Lots of our friends and family got to join us. (Warning: Picture Overload!!!)

Pastor and Emery

Pastor, Emery, Brad, Me, and Mrs. Robin :)

All of our family, and what might as well be family :)

Mom and Dad

Brad's Parents

Dowdys

Smiths

Us with Pastor

It was extra special because my best friend, Lindsey, has a newborn, Layna, who was also dedicated that night...so thankful to be experiencing this season of life with her!!

2 sets of best friends

Layna getting dedicated

Millers

As you know (or may not know...)last December my great grandmother, Nana, went to heaven. About a month before she passed away I told her that I was pregnant, and she was very excited, and told me I was going to have a little girl, she just knew it. Well, she was right. I know she would have LOVED Emery just as much as the rest of us do, but unfortunately she didn't ever get the chance to meet her. It was very special for me to have Emery wear a dress/petticoat that Nana had given to Haley and Riley, but they had never worn, so it was really like she had given it to Emery.

Love my little family of three :)

Emery's Uncle Ben gave her a brand new cross necklace, that she loves very much! He is such a sweet Uncle, and Emery looks cute in just her necklace :)

"For you created my inmost being;
you knit me together in my mother’s womb.
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
your works are wonderful,
I know that full well.
My frame was not hidden from you
when I was made in the secret place,
when I was woven together in the depths of the earth.
Your eyes saw my unformed body;
all the days ordained for me were written in your book
before one of them came to be."
Psalm 139: 13-16

1 comment:

The Harris Family said...

That is awesome! We got Cohen dedicated this past year and next year will be Caleb. I know you and Brad will be wonderful Godly parents who are faithful in raising her in a Christian home. I love that Nana gave that dress and that Emery could wear it, very special.