Monday, June 27, 2011

Happy Father’s Day Brad!!

This is how Emery feels about her Dad…she obviously isn’t old enough to type it, so she had some help there :)

My Daddy is a coach, a REALLY good coach. Sometimes it means that he has to stay out late for practice or a game, or sometimes it means that he has to go on a Saturday, but that’s okay because I know he’s doing what he loves and what he’s good at.  Even though he has to spend some time away from me, I know how much he loves me because he tells me all the time, and when he’s home he is always playing with me or loving on me! I’m not exactly sure what it means to win or lose, but I think it’s good to win and bad to lose, and that’s good because this year daddy’s teams won lots of games.  I always hear my mommy talk about how proud she is of daddy, and you know what I am too because the boys on his teams really seem to look up to him just like I do.  It’s cool when your dad is a coach because that means you get to stay out late on game nights while all of your friends are home in bed, and when you go to the games everybody always tells you how cute you are! Of course mommy dresses me up and puts a big bow in my hair, which is another reason I like going! When we go to his games I really like to watch the boys play basketball or soccer, play with my toys, eat my dinner, try to walk, and just hang out with my mommy. We have so much fun at daddy’s games!

DSC_0368

My Daddy is a husband, a REALLY good husband. I see him help my mommy do things around the house that my other friends’ daddies don’t ever do. I like when he loves on my mommy, I think it is so funny. When I grow up I want my husband to be just like my daddy. It’s great when your mommy and daddy love each other because it makes me feel safe and secure.

Honeymooners 016

My Daddy is a friend, a REALLY good friend. He is funny when he’s around his friends, I know they have a great time making up games, watching sports, and just hanging out. I want a good friend like my daddy when I grow up and have friends of my own. I know he cares about other people, and I love that about him. He’s always willing to do anything for anybody, especially his friends. My mommy and daddy have told me all about God, and I think the way my daddy loves other people is just how God loves people.

Wedding Pictures 186

My Daddy is a teacher, a REALLY good teacher. This year he worked so hard all year in order to get a permanent job. He is going to teach middle school math, and I am SO proud of him. I saw him working on his computer, writing papers, and going to take tests all just to get a job. I know he thinks it’s really important for him to provide for me and mommy, and he works really hard to do that. I’m sure he’s a good teacher at school because I hear mommy tell him what a great job he does to help all the kids pass the tests they have to take, and one day we went in to his school and he was helping a girl study extra for a test. I hope my teachers in school work as hard as my daddy to help me because he is an awesome teacher!

My Daddy is a coach, a husband, a friend, a teacher, and so many more things, but most importantly to me My Daddy is my Daddy, and he’s a REALLY REALLY great Daddy!! He spends all the time he can with me, he changes my diapers, he sings to me, he reads to me, he helps me walk, he takes me outside to swing, he plays in the floor with me, he feeds me, and he dances with me. I’m so lucky to have a daddy that loves me as much as he does. My favorite thing that my daddy does is pray for me before bed. He always says that I’m a blessing or a gift, and that makes me feel so loved! He tells me how pretty I am, or that I am his princess, and other sweet things like that and he makes me FEEL like a pretty princess. I can’t wait until the day that we get to go on dates just the two of us, and we will make mommy stay home! When it’s time for me to choose a boyfriend or husband, I won’t settle to be treated any different than my daddy treats me, and it’s going to be VERY hard for a boy to match up…I wish I could just marry daddy, but mommy already did. I love you Daddy, and I hope you have a GREAT first Father’s Day…you are the very best Daddy in the whole wide world!!

DSC_0879

DSC_0976

DSC_0224

DSC_1160

DSC_0013

DSC_0574

DSC_0134

DSC_0475

DSC_0638

1 comment:

Keeping up with the Jones said...

You should have had a warning at the top of your post: "pregnant women grab tissues before reading!". This was so sweet. Emery you do have an awesome set of parents!