Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Small Group Fun…Whiffle Ball Style

Last weekend we had some friends over to have a cook out and just hang out…but the most notable event of the evening was the highly anticipated Whiffle Ball game.  As you may or may not be aware, I am the most competitive person on the face of the earth!  So naturally I changed into my tennis shoes and put my hair up in time to get serious.  We might have painted bases and baselines in our back yard. 

Team pictures

Donny, Chris, Linz and Myself

DSC_0165

Lincoln, Brad, Emily and Charley, Amber, and Sam

DSC_0167

The game got really intense actually I just tripped over the small ridges in our back yard, and I fell down on what I’m pretty sure was the first play of the game…as you can see it was absolutely HILARIOUS!!

DSC_0176

DSC_0179

Amber was LEGIT!

DSC_0181

Brad played with one arm…

DSC_0187

Donny tried to even things out by also batting with one arm.

DSC_0224

Sam was the other team’s MVP…for sure

DSC_0206

Although Emily did give him a run for his money as far as that award goes!  I believe the quote was “You can’t handle the heat” directed towards Chris :)

DSC_0170

There was some throwback to my rec league days of pitching

DSC_0208

Linc brought the heat, but we totally handled it

DSC_0192

We appreciated Chris’s effort…all out!!

DSC_0169

Linz brought back her high school softball skills, and hit home the winning run…

DSC_0190

And I may or may not have scored the winning run :)

DSC_0200

In case you couldn’t tell my team won we were just playing for fun and winning didn’t matter!! Seriously though I love love love spending time with my life group…they are the most fun group of people to be around, and its so fun because we are all pretty much in the same season of life…

Sissy and Emery…I could eat this picture UP!!

DSC_0247

Miss Maddie…look at those big baby blues :)

DSC_0228

Didn’t get any pictures of Don and Debby babysitting all our kids while we talked smack and played, or sweet newborn Isabella and her parents, Kim and Dale, or Layna Bug…but don’t worry there’s always a next time :)

1 comment:

Katie said...

ahh the pictures came out hilarious! where is the one i got of chris wiffing the ball??