Sunday, December 16, 2012

Emery’s Christmas Performances

I remember when I was pregnant with Emery thinking about how excited I would be for her to be in little performances at church, and this Christmas was her big debut!! She may have only sang two songs, but it was a huge day!  I debated and debated what she would wear, and we practiced her songs all the time.  Girlfriend KNEW those songs and motions like the back of her hand.  All of the little ones filed in to sing their songs, and Emery just stood there through the first song (Go Tell it on the Mountain).  After the first song, chaos ensued…kids were running off the stage and everything, so of course Emery tried to run off of the stage too.  I signed no to her and she immediately started crying.  Not like whimpering cute crying…we’re talking ALL.OUT.SILENT.CRY TURNED EXTREMELY LOUD SHRILL!! Oh yea, not exactly how I pictured her big debut, but definitely a memory none the less :)

DSC_0611DSC_0612

DSC_0613

DSC_0614

DSC_0615

Extremely random side note that I just remembered while looking at these pictures, Emery and Layna traded bows before coming upstairs to sing haha…hilarious!!

Emery also had her very first performance at her preschool (which we LOVE) the Monday after I went back to work.  That meant that I only got to go during my lunch, which is 25 minutes long :(  BUT I am thankful that her school is in close proximity to mine, and that I got to see it at all.  She was singing and doing all of the motions UNTIL she saw me, then she froze and kept smiling at me, but hey at least she didn’t run off…baby steps, baby steps! I unfortunately have no pictures of this, but we do have a video!

1 comment: