Tuesday, February 24, 2009

And the crowd goes wild...

Since Chris won't give his reinterpretation of this story on Emily's blog I'm gonna step in and give my "Apul" version. I was sitting down in the stands during half time of the BRD (blue ridge district) Tournament Championship basketball game between Byrd and LB when all of a sudden a hush falls over the gym. "What could be going on?", I ask myself. Then I turn my attention down to the court and there is little Sam Dowdy with his little basketball "shootin hoops". Then all at once he runs down towards the other end where the student sections are, and the ENTIRE crowd chants "coast to coast, coast to coast, coast to coast". He looks at the LB students they go crazy, he looks at the Byrd students they go nuts...He throws the ball up approx. 3 feet in the air and I'm not kidding when I say this people, the crowd goes freakin WILD!!! And when I mean crowd I mean EVERY SINGLE PERSON IN THE GYM!!! The next chant from the students section was "he's a freshman, he's a freshman, he's a freshman" hahaha I was lovin it. But, I do have to say the best part of the whole scene was at the end when Chris got boo'ed because he picked Sam up when the teams were running back onto the court. Love it!

2 comments:

Emily said...

I'm not going to lie...my son...he is KINDA a big deal!!!! I know you were proud of your "boyfriend"!! I also loved that they were yelling "dunk it, dunk it", because he IS basically Michael Jordan!!!

Keeping up with the Jones said...

Go Samster!!!! Work the audience! :)