Sunday, August 16, 2009

Faithfulness...

Have you ever gone to church and felt like the sermon was just for you? Well, that's exactly how I felt today. I have been struggling with trying to figure out what my purpose is in life. I have been so envious of those that are sure of their purpose, and at times I have been downright mad and lost not knowing God's will for my life. In fact, just yesterday I was having lunch with Lindsey and we were talking about this very thing. Brad and I debated on going to church with my parents today instead of Parkway, but for some reason we both just really wanted to be at our church, and now I know why.

The title of this series Pastor Ott is doing is "If you're going to walk on water, you have to get out of the boat". And today's message was taken from Matthew 14:25-27. The first point was that "walking on water sometimes means sleepless nights". He was talking about how the disciples were in a storm in the middle of thunder and lightening and crashing waves, but they were also in the center of God's will, and if they weren't out in that storm Peter would have never walked on water. Wow...that's where I am right now. I am just waiting on God to answer all the questions I have, but asking him to "map it out" is not faithfulness. Faithfulness is being still and knowing that he will provide for me and he will reveal my purpose, but for now teaching at PCA is what he has for me and being right here in Roanoke in this house is what he has for me.

Our God is so good to us. He is so big, and he has big plans for all of us. Let's be faithful in these small things here and now and he will trust us with the big things in the future. I'm positive he is going to call us out of the boat and let us walk on water!! :)

Big first day of school tomorrow, so the bed is calling my name :)

No comments: