Wednesday, September 15, 2010

First Overnight Trip

One of my favorite parts about Brad coaching Roanoke Star Soccer, is that we get to take little weekend getaways out of town...FOR FREE!!! It's pretty awesome, but I'm not sure it makes up for all those practices :) Labor Day weekend we went to Greensboro, and it was our first trip of this season, and it was Emery's first overnight trip. She was PERFECT!! She slept the whole way there, and the whole way back. We got to eat at Moe's my favorite place that we don't have in Roanoke. We also got Coldstone, walked around the mall, and watched Daddy coach a lot of soccer. Emery got to try out her big sunhats for the first time, and with some help from a couple of the soccer mom's we rigged our umbrella up in the stroller, and Emery and I just hung out in the shade on a blanket. The weather was perfect, and we discovered that Miss Emery absolutely LOVES being outside. She didn't fuss once the whole time we were watching the games :)

All that traveling and soccer wore Little E out!!

1 comment:

Katie said...

oh.my.goodness. I love the hat! Big hats are the best, only to be topped by big hats with big flowers! she is so adorable! soccer and the outdoors will wear out any baby, including me!