Saturday, November 6, 2010

4 months...

Miss Emery you have quite the little personality!! You definitely like to show off. Whenever we take you out and someone talks to you, which everyone always does, you will smile back at them and sometimes even laugh. I LOVE to see you smile, it melts my heart! Although you are so sweet, I am beginning to tell that you are going to keep Daddy and I on our toes :) Here is what you have been up to this month...

-You still LOVE bath time.

-You talk and smile and laugh all of the time.

-You eat every four hours, and take three naps (two long ones, and one short one) and you sleep 10-11 hours at night.

-Everything, and girlfriend I mean EVERYTHING, goes straight in your mouth. You will even grab my hand, and proceed to stick my fingers in your mouth (No one worry, I am married to a germophobe so I only let her if my hands are clean)

-You are a drool machine, and I can see your teeth coming in on the bottom, looks like you will be an early teether.

-You really like to stand up, and your legs are strong enough to hold yourself up, and you just hold onto our hands to keep your balance...such a big girl!

-Your favorite toy right now is a little lion that is crinkly in the middle and has two rubbery paws that you chew on constantly.

-You reach for everything, and get really frustrated if you can't reach it, or if you can't pull it down.

-You started rice cereal on your four month birthday, and weren't really a big fan, but you have started warming up to it, and seem to like it pretty well....bananas are up next :)

-You are 12 lbs 11 oz (40%), 24 3/4 in. (75%), and your head circumference is 16 cm (95%)...your head has to be big because you are so smart :)

Every time I hear the song that's lyrics say: "How he loves us. Oh, How he loves us. Oh, How he loves us. How he loves us, oh." I think about what a perfect blessing you are. God shows me every day how much he loves me when you smile at me, or laugh, or talk, or just snuggle with me. You are perfect Emery, I pray every night that you will be as beautiful on the inside as you are on the outside, and that you will grow up to seeking God's heart and that Daddy and I will be everything you need for us to be and that we can be great examples for you. We love you!!

2 comments:

Emily said...

Please tell me I'm not pregnant because I just got teary reading this post...Emery girl, the Dowdy's just LOVE you! We like your parents a whole lot too!!

Keeping up with the Jones said...

Emery girl, you melt my heart looking at each and every picture of you! You have such a good Mommy and Daddy who love you to the moon and back. We do too darling!