Sunday, November 16, 2008

Overcoming without being Overcome

Yes I stole that title from none other than our pastor John Ott...LOVE HIM! For the past ten weeks in church we have been doing a series on overcoming and learning about how Paul overcame and went on to be one of the greatest evangelists to ever walk the face of the earth. I've sat through all these sermons thinking this is really good stuff, but I don't really feel like there's anything in my life for me to overcome right now...until today. At the end of the service today he was talking about how so many people let such small things take away their peace, how they allow their joy to be stolen, and their happiness to be robbed. As he was talking I was realizing that I am one of those people. So, its my goal this week to "not sweat the small stuff", and to overcome these little things without being overcome. After all if our joy is found in our Lord and Savior it can't be taken away!!

Oh, and on a side note I loved the man in church this morning who kept saying "halleluiah" "c'mon, c'mon" "that's right". Going to church is so refreshing and puts my week off to a great start! Well, its off to a soccer game, oh how I love adult league! Go Black :)

No comments: