Friday, January 9, 2009

Our Black Child...

The two most used words in mine and Brad's vocabulary are probably "NO!" and "LUCY!"...I bet you can guess why that is. Lucy is a black lab mix, but she has the complete personality of a lab which I have come to love and hate all at the same time. At times I feel like I have my own real life Marley (great book by the way...Emily I'm still waiting on you to see the movie!)

Let me give you a rundown of the things she has chewed which range widely in value...
  • My laptop cord
  • My cell phone charger cord, and multiple other cords that I lost track off
  • A pair of Brad's dress shoes
  • The corner of our couch
  • The pillows on our couch
  • 2 floor pillows
  • Anything and everything in the trash, and she also really enjoys cat poop
  • And she's taken a recent interest in a wardrobe that just happens to be a family heirloom

While this does total quite a large amount of money, its easy to forget all of the money she has cost us when you look into this face...

We also have been able to teach Lucy a couple of tricks...she can sit, shake, and now beg. Begging happens to be my favorite because it is really cute, and its the only trick I can claim that I taught her. I know all of this probably sounds crazy, but like I said Lucy is like a little kid since real children are in the VERY VERY distant future!

4 comments:

Wolford Family said...

Yay! New blog...I was waiting for something new! Lucy is so cute!!! Can't wait to see you guys again soon!

Keeping up with the Jones said...

Lucy is adorable! :)

Emily said...

I just finished Marley and me!!! Chris can do a GREAT re-enactment of me reading the last three chapters...lets go to the movies!!!

The Harris's said...

awww she is super cute!!! Our dog Duke is black lab and boxer mix and lets just say our list of stuff he has ruined looks alot like yours but hes super sweet and its so hard for me to get mad at him! :)