Saturday, May 9, 2009

Happy Birthday Mom!!

Today is Mom's birthday, known to all of you as "Deb's" :)

In honor of Mom's birthday I thought I would tell you all a little story about Mom's 30th birthday...

Dad and I were out running errands for Mom's birthday the day of her birthday (Big Steve, bless his heart, always waits until the last possible second to do things), and we got the bright idea of getting Mom a singing telegram. I know what you're thinking...what is this the 50's, but no actually this was only 14 years ago today. So we go home probably make Mom a cake filled with egg shells (oops), and proceed to get ready for the party while trying to mask the excitement of our big surprise!! When the door bell rings Dad and I know exactly what we're in store for, so we go open the door and in walks our very own personal human cupcake. (I can just see the jealousy in all of your faces as you're reading this.) The cupcake comes in and sings Mom a song, gives her a card and goes onto her next party...this was probably the only 30 year old woman she'd ever sung to because let me tell you this was definitely geared toward a child, but we didn't even care we were SO SO PROUD...Big Steve was probably grinning from ear to ear :) I wish I had a picture to share with you, but unfortunately I don't... But here are some shots of the greatest Mom EVER!!!



Now you know where all that Sass came from :)

No comments: