Sunday, May 24, 2009

Say Hello to a New Beginning...

As you may (or may not) know I have been looking for a job for about six months now. I contemplated going to Physician's Assistant school, or getting my Masters, but after four hard years at VT I decided to take a little break from school, for some reason "no homework" just has a nice sounding ring to it :)

So...I applied and applied and applied and called and called and called, and then FINALLY I got a call from the administrator at Parkway Christian Academy (PCA) asking if I would be available for an interview on Monday (which just so happened to be the Monday before my Physics and Metabolic final on Tuesday) at 5:30, although in my head I'm saying "oh my gosh no I have waaaayyy to much studying to do", somehow all that came out of my mouth was "yes, that would be great, see you then!" So, I go on for my interview at Parkway Christian Academy, and get a call a couple days later offering me a job teaching seventh grade!!! I am beyond excited, but I'm also a little nervous. And an added perk is that its only a one minute walk from my front door!!! And just like Lindsey says I deserve to be able to walk to work after driving 45 minutes to and from school for a whole year!!!

On another note...Brad's High School soccer season is over. They lost in the district semi-finals...I really felt for those seniors (it wasn't too terribly long ago I was in their shoes). But, on a happier note I will be glad to have my husband back, and I'm looking forward to a FUN summer!!

1 comment:

Amy Wolford said...

Congrats!!!!