Thursday, June 25, 2009

Monday Night T.V.

Okay, I know I still haven't posted the pictures from our trip to D.C. but hopefully I can post them this weekend on a NEW laptop. Which, I must add, that I have been VERY patiently waiting for...sort of. During the fall I am engulfed by the drama of Grey's Anatomy, and I was really worried that this summer I wouldn't have any good shows to watch, but boy was I wrong. I have been religiously watching Jon and Kate and The Bachelorette. But the point of this post was not to inform you that I am horribly addicted to T.V, but rather to complain about this past Monday night's shows.

I'll start with The Bachelorette... First of all Jillian just gets on my nerves. This is an AMERICAN show, so why is the stinkin Bachelorette Canadian??? And her accent gets on my absolute last nerve, this hatred could possibly stem from the fact that I'm more than slightly jealous of her killer body and her wardrobe...but still she gets on my nerves. I mean seriously what does she see in Wes??? He's obviously there just to get some publicity for his band, which I personally think is less than mediocre in the first place!! But what really ticked me off is that she let my favorite Bachelor, Jake go...I was SO sad. He stated as he left that "the good guy always finishes last", and boy was he right! She's an idiot, and until I saw that Jake was coming back to inform her of Wes's intentions I was going to quit watching, but I guess I'm sucked in for at least one more week...

And then there's the trainwreck that is Jon and Kate's marriage. I am so so sad about this!! At the beginning of their show they had friends and family, but now there is no mention of any of their previous friends or even of the family they were once so close to. But what upsets me most is the fact that it appears they have abandoned their faith. There was no mention whatsoever during any episodes so far this season. I am DEFINITELY not watching this anymore, because at this point I feel like watching it would be advocating their situation. They need to stop the show and work on their marriage and their family! I guess I'll just have to go over to Linz's and watch her DVD's of the "good days". SO SAD!!

Okay, enough complaining from this end...what shows are you guys watching this summer?? Looks like I need some replacements...

2 comments:

Wolford Family said...

I'm addicted to The Secret Life of the American Teenager on abc family. I've watched it from the beginning and it is SO good! We record ours on DVR so I'm not sure of the day and time. Check it out!

Keeping up with the Jones said...

I'm so with you on the Bachelorette! I'm so MAD that Wes wasn't booted off! And Jake was in my top 2, the other was Kiptoyn! I was SO upset Jake left but I'm super pumped that he's coming back to warn her, she'll probably be stupid and not believe him and believe Wes!!! Also on Tuesday nights on "oxygen" at 10pm Tori and Dean Home Sweet Hollywood is on. LOVE IT! I liked 90210 so I'm addicted to Tori's show now!