Thursday, December 15, 2011

A little bit of my {heart}

Teaching Emery to obey is exhausting.  Sometimes actually all the time it would be easier to just let her do whatever she wants to do.  The thought always crosses my mind “What is she really hurting April, she’s just a little girl”.  But, the problem is I’m not really teaching her so she will obey me for the rest of her life although that would be really nice, and make my life a lot easier.  You see, when I make her look at me, what I’m really teaching her is to never take her eyes off of her savior.  When I say, “Listen to Mommy”, what I really want her to hear is “Emery, don’t get distracted.  Get used to hearing your Father speak to your heart, make your heart sensitive to what he has to say.  Do everything you can to hear from him”.  By asking her to say yes m’am, I am trying to help her to one day say “yes Lord”.  By telling her “no”, I am teaching her to stay away from those things that are not of the Lord, hopefully I’m teaching her self control.  When I put her in time out, I am trying to show her that those things not of Him will hurt her, and ultimately destroy her.  And most importantly when I tell her I love her, even after disciplining her, I am trying to give her just a small glimpse of how much her Savior loves her, no matter what she does.  A glimpse of a love so vast that he sent his one and only child to this Earth on Christmas, to eventually hang and die on a cross for HER.  I so badly want her to know that even if she was the only person on the face of the Earth, he would have sent his son only for HER because he loves HER that much.  He loves her more than her daddy or I ever could, and he loves her so very well! 

“And may you have the power to understand, as all God's people should, how wide, how long, how high, and how deep his love is.”                  --  Ephesians 3:18  --

4 comments:

Wolford Family said...

Perfect post. Thank you!

The Harris Family said...

amen :)

lindsey said...

A great and encouraging reminder of why parents do what they do:)

sarah @ life {sweet} life said...

SUCH a great post!!