Monday, July 2, 2012

Birthday Letter

Dear Emery,

It seems like just yesterday we were in the hospital and you were being born, and then that we celebrated your first birthday, but now you are two years old!  It’s like when God made me your mommy he hit the fast forward button, and I’m still looking for the slow motion button to hit!  This year has been full of excitement for you.  You have gone to the beach and LOVED it, played in the lake, played in the snow, begun to really make friends, count to 10, distinguish colors, spell your name (sort of), found out you were going to be a big sister,  watched lots of Daddy’s soccer games and cheered on the “boys”, started to be able to actually play at parks, transitioned to the “Treehouse” at church, become an avid dancer and singer (ha!), and somehow managed to steal my heart even more than you had before.  You are funny, fiesty, full of life and energy, and even more beautiful on the inside than you are on the outside!

DSC_0618

My very favorite time of day with you is first thing in the morning.  When Daddy and I come in to get you, you act like you’ve won the lottery and cannot contain your excitement.  You look up at me with your big bright eyes and say “I waked up Mommy”.  You jump up and down, throw your paci and snuggie bear down and say “Heed you, Mommy” (Hold you).  I wish I could hold you all day every day!

DSC_0615

The unconditional and undeserved love that you offer to me Emery is so exemplary of the love of our Savior.  Because of you I have been able to gain a deeper understanding of His love, and I pray every.single.day that I can portray that love to you.  I pray that you will grow up to know and love Jesus, and that God will use me to help you make that commitment.  You are the most precious little girl, with the sweetest personality and a smile that lights up any room.  Emery Lynn I am proud to be your Mama, and I love you more than words can express!  I’m excited to see what this next year has in store for you…I know it’s going to be full of lots of exciting changes, but I also know that you’re up for the challenge because you are a BIG GIRL now! 

DSC_0634

Love You MORE,

Mommy :)

No comments: