Friday, July 6, 2012

Two year old “issues”

Issue number one potty training or lack there of.  I had it in my head that this whole potty training thing would be easy because Emery comprehends everything we say (you can stop laughing at me now).  Boy was I wrong!  We went to Wal Mart bought big girl undies, and we were so excited to wear them!  I’m not even going to explain to you how we went about this potty training boot camp because obviously it did not work, so why would you waste your time reading what NOT to do!  ha.  But honestly, I do realize that she just is not ready and that is JUST FINE with me!  Although, she did look pretty cute modeling her new undies :)

DSC_0605DSC_0602

Issue number two sleeping or again lack there of.  Let me preface this by saying my child has slept through the night since ONE MONTH old!  UNTIL one week ago when she started SCREAMING when we would lay her down for her naps or bedtime.  It was crazy, and we did not know what to do because she had NEVER done anything like this before.  The worst part was that we would get her down, and then around 12:30 that night she would wake up again screaming to be held.  We tried EVERYTHING, and finally she just started sleeping again two days ago.  It was the strangest thing!  I did some research online (I told you guys we did not know what to do ha!), and discovered that apparently kids go through certain times in their lives where they have to retrain themselves to sleep and two years old is one of those ages.  I’m just hoping and praying that is the LAST TIME we will go through that!  Some days in order to get Emery to finish her nap we would bring her in and lay her on the couch, and she would finish out her nap there…not a good idea we know, but we were on survival mode people!

DSC_0613DSC_0614

That sleeping face is pure heaven to me!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

April- EVERYONE goes through it! I know I definately did and about to again with my 1.5 year old and then again with number 3 before I know it! If people say they did not go through it...they are lying through their teeth! Wesley still at 3.5 still goes through sleeping problems on occasion. I don't know what it is...maybe a growth spurt, night terrors, who knows? Did you try the 3 day potty training boot camp? If you did, and it didn't work- she's probably just not ready...but I wouldn't fret, she just turned two! I know it would be easier having her trained when baby boy gets here...but, you'll work it out! Take deep breaths mama...I have been having my own crazy, pull your hair out kind of moments lately too- like yesterday when I took them both to the movie theater by myself!
Good luck!

-Abby (Andy's big sister ;)

April and Brad said...

Abby!!!
Thanks for your encouragement! It was SO great to see you at Andy's wedding. Your boys are STINKIN.ADORABLE! Hope you guys are enjoying your summer...and you're SUPER BRAVE to take both to the movies alone haha! :)

Anonymous said...

good girl with your cute little panties on and your legs open, nothing to take off just rub your p---y right through your panties,love watching a little tod giggle, kick and squeal as they get their little p---y rubbed, my hand goes in and my fingers into your warm, soft, bald, squishy, tight tiny p---y, feels sooooooooooooooooooooo good having a toddlers soft cotton panties rub against my hand as I work her tight little p--y, I babysit my niece and I get her p---y most days, you kick, and buck while I work you with my fingers, I pull my fingers out, suck them clean then pull your little panties off so I can eat your p--y, soooooooooo hot feeling a little tod buck, quiver and shake as you lick her p---y to orgasm making it MY p--y, happy birthday girly