Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Happy 4th of July

We celebrated the fourth with my family at the lake on Sunday, and then with Brad’s family and friends on the 4th.  I LOVE this holiday and its just an added bonus that it’s the day we brought Emery home from the hospital two years ago :)

 DSC_0639DSC_0646DSC_0648DSC_0649DSC_0650DSC_0653DSC_0691

DSC_0694DSC_0697DSC_0699DSC_0700DSC_0702DSC_0708DSC_0712

Another reason that I love the 4th is that I love the patriotic service at church, and I always have.  This year’s service was different, but honestly its probably one of my favorites yet!  Due to the CRAZY storms we had here on Friday night our church was without power on Sunday, so we had church outside on the lawn under a big white tent.  It was a great service, and it reminded me of a big tent revival type service.  Awesome, and the news thought so too…here’s a link for the video clip!

http://www.wdbj7.com/videogallery/70821766/News/One-church-doesn%27t-let-no-power-keep-them-from-having-service

Thank you to everyone (active, reserve, and retired military…along with each of their families) who makes it possible for us to have freedom daily in this amazing country!

1 comment:

lindsey said...

love the pics! and I second the church service comment:)