Thursday, September 6, 2012

Big Girl Bed

This past weekend we took advantage of the three days we both had off (and our parents had off) and decided to go ahead and move the baby furniture into Wagner’s room, which was the old office.  The first thing we did was move all of the office furniture downstairs and set the office up in the finished part of the basement down there, then we moved the baby furniture into the new nursery, then we moved Emery’s furniture into her room including her new BIG.GIRL.BED!! She is using furniture that my great grandmother gave me, and I used growing up, so that’s really special to me! She was so PUMPED.  She kept jumping up and down and saying “I so excited, so excited.  Thank you Mommy, Thank you Daddy!”  It was really cute!  We have been talking up the big girl bed transition for awhile now.  She got to go with me to pick out her bedding, and has been asking about when she could use the new blanket (bedding), but I was still nervous about how this transition would actually work out.  I should not have doubted her because she went right down and stayed in bed all night, and then did the same thing for nap the next day…we have not looked back since.  Its hard to believe she’s big enough for a bed.  I had one good, long, ugly cry, but I am also adjusting well for a nine month pregnant emotional basket case...ha!

All smiles :) She looks so SMALL in there!

DSC_1012DSC_1013

I love this precious girl, and yes she still uses her paci at bedtime and naptime…I don’t care if you judge me, I just might let her keep it until middle school :)

DSC_1014

2 comments:

Emily said...

You saw first hand what happened in the woodshed...let her keep it until middle school...that's my vote!

Anonymous said...

want some company in bed? you won't need your paci I have something you can suck