Friday, September 7, 2012

Things to remember…

This post will be incredibly boring for some of you, there are no pictures, but I want to write down a list of things I want to remember from these last few weeks, months, etc. as a family of three. 

- Emery is SO excited about her baby brother coming.  She talks about him all the time, and knows he is in Mommy’s belly.  She says she is going to hold him, give him a bottle, give him a bath (without bubbles), share toys, hug him and kiss him.  I know this could all change when he gets here but its so adorable right now.

- My favorite time of day is after I kiss Emery goodnight hearing her and Brad sing together.  They always sing “Jesus Loves Me”, and some nights it literally makes me cry.

- Emery is very motherly these days with EVERYONE.  She is always wanting to change a diaper, feed someone, hold someone, or give someone kisses to make them better.

- We’ve been spending more time than usual at home which I’m surprisingly loving!  She loves to play downstairs in the basement (this is where she “shoops” basketball and “scores” goals), and we love just soaking up this last little bit as a family of three.  She always asks to “Eat at home”, so I’ve been trying to do better about us eating in.

- Emery LOVES going to church!  When we were at the beach we missed three Sundays, and she told me “Mommy, Emmy misses church”.  Oh man, be still my heart!  That was music to this mama’s ears!  Her favorite song is “Great Big God O”, but she sings them all, all of the time!  I’m so thankful for a church that we all love, and our children’s pastor is pretty sweet (right Linz)! :)

- Brad and I have been spending lots of time reminiscing about when Emery was a baby and our time as just the two of us before Emery.

I’m going to be honest, I am NERVOUS about this transition.  I am VERY excited for Wagner’s birth, but I am just so nervous about how this is going to effect our family dynamic, mostly Emery.  I just feel like her life is pretty awesome, and that I’m going to “mess it up” somehow.  I just keep reminding myself of some great advice I have gotten…I am giving her a Ben.  I am the oldest, and when my brother was born I’m sure my Mom had these same thoughts, but I LOVE my brother.  He is one of my very best friends, and I am SO SO excited for Emery and Wagner to have the chance to experience that.  I hope we can foster an environment at our house where we can encourage that to happen. 

1 comment: