Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Christmas is it really over?

Well I know I have been MIA for quite some time, but Brad and I have been busy busy busy! Our first Christmas was hectic but we had a blast being with family. Here's a little rundown of our Christmas festivities:

This year Christmas started for us on December 21st. Everyone on my dad's side of the family went down to dinner with my Nana (great grandmother) at the nursing home she is in. On a side note, this is probably the nicest place I've ever been in...hopefully I get to spend my older years in a place like this. Anyway here are a few pictures from that event:




Next on the agenda was Dad's birthday, December 23rd. I made him a mint chocolate chip ice cream cake. It turned out looking pretty and tasting good, I was very proud! Haha

For Christmas Eve we went over to my granny's house (Mom's Mom) and had lunch and exchanged gifts with them. It is so fun being in a small hot house with lots of relatives...haha. We actually all had a great time! Then from there Brad and I drove straight to Vinton Baptist to meet his family for Christmas Eve service. I love the candle light service there it is so pretty and it really helps put into perspective what Christmas is all about...the birth of our Lord and Savior! After the service we went back to Boo and Alan's for dinner and to exchange gifts with them. Unfortunately for Brad the video camera was unable to be hooked into the T.V., so the usual home video watching wasn't possible. I'm not going to lie this was fine with me because I'm pretty sure I've seen all the videos at least ten times each.

My favorite part of Christmas this year was Christmas Eve at home with Brad. We turned off all the lights lit the candles in the living room, and Brad read the Christmas story from our family bible that I gave him on our wedding day. This was the first time we had gotten to use the bible since it is kind of only for special occasions. This was so special to me, and Brad knew that it was so he was very eager to participate. I'm so lucky to have a husband who loves the Lord more than he loves me!!

Christmas morning we woke up EARLY and did our stockings here at home, then we headed over to Mom and Dad's for breakfast and to check out all of the new things Haley and Riley got. It is so fun to see how excited the two of them get to get presents and to give presents. This year their preschool class went to the dollar store and they each got to pick out presents for 5 people in their family...I was lucky enough to be one of those 5 for each of them, and I ended up with a toy for Lucy from Riley, and a candleholder and candle from Haley.

From Mom and Dad's we rushed off to lunch with the other set of Mom and Dad at their house. We loved getting to spend time with Jacob (Brad's cousin Lauren's thanksgiving baby) he is so precious! We also did a gag gift game which was pretty hilarious. Here are a couple pictures of "Baby J" as Brad calls him:

We left Lucy at her grandparents house to play while we rushed to the lake to spend Christmas night with my Dad's side of the family at Grandbess and Grandbud's house. Unfortunatley my camera battery died so I have no pictures from the event, but the lake was beautiful! My favorite part of the dinner was Grandbess's custard it is so good!! Ben rode back to Roanoke with Brad and I and we were discussing how we know Jesus isn't actually born around Christmas time, but to us it really feels like he is born Christmas Eve and then Christmas Day is just a HUGE celebration of his birth.

So tonight will be the start of a New Year, 2009. Hopefully this year will be even better than 2008 and filled with just as many blessings, but for some reason I think this year will be pretty hard to top.

No comments: