Thursday, December 4, 2008

It's All In the Attitude

So I've been trying to have a positive attitude through this situation, I mean trying like really hard. No seriously really really hard, but once you read this you will understand why that is so difficult.

Monday I came home from school, went back to the office for some facebook/blog stalking as usual, and then decided I should probably be productive so I gathered up the dirty clothes and took them downstairs to do some laundry. It was then that I saw it...the door to our basement was open, and the lock was broken. I immediately ran up the stairs, grabbed Lucy and made a bee line for the car. I persistently called Brad's phone but I knew he couldn't answer because he was in basketball practice, so I called my parent's house. Luckily my Dad answered the phone, and Big Steve came right on over.

Dad checked over the house, and said no one was in there, and then when Brad got home they went in the basement and checked it out and all was clear there too. Then the police lady came who was HORRIBLE and did absolutely nothing except waste 3 hours of our life, because that's how long it took her to get to our house. She determined that since nothing was taken the person was scared off and never made it upstairs.

Then all was forgotten (sort of) until yesterday when Brad discovered that the person did take something from our house, and more specifically from our bedroom! They took some money out of a jar on his dresser. So we called the police again, and this time the police officer was much more helpful...thank goodness. They finger printed the jar and were able to pull some prints off of it, we should hear more on that soon, but the prints were more than likely Brad's.

In my efforts to have a good attitude I am trying to find the comical events in all of this, and I will assure you that I haven't lost my sense of humor... Here are some funny things from the event:
1. My dad and Brad bust into the basement with a tomahawk and a broom...apparently they were out for blood. Brad claims that was the fastest he's ever seen Dad move ever...you need to request an impression its hilarious!
2. The female police office asked us repeatedly "Do you know someone that would want to break into your home?" to which I repeatedly replied..."Everyone who knows us, know that we are poor!" DUH?!
3. Lucy is petrified of police officers like hide under the bed scared.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness you two! I would love to see Brad charging around with a broom. Glad Lucy was there to protect you - you can borrow any of ours anytime.
Sometime we will be heading out in your direction to get a tree. Donny has decided that this year we will cut one down . . . we will see - lets do dinner soon - what works for you guys??

Wolford Family said...

oh no! I'm glad you guys are ok! I know it's a terrible feeling!
Haha..funny about being poor...same here, sister!!! If anyone breaks into our house, all they're getting are some diapers!

Amy Jo said...

OH my goodness! I know that had to be a scary night!
"Big Steve"...love it! He sounds like he's quite the character!
Love the Christmas music. esp. song #3 ~ omg...josh i love you. :) really.