Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Thankfulness Day 2....

Today I am choosing to be thankful for my job. I say choosing because sometimes its just plain hard. It's hard to go to work, and sometimes its even hard to be thankful for it. Actually typing those words out makes me realize how RIDICULOUS that is!!! With so many Americans without jobs and losing their jobs how selfish of me is it to be ungrateful for my job. The funny thing is I actually like my job. I love the actual teaching part of my job. There are some other parts that make it a little trying, but the instruction and interaction with my students I LOVE. I love that I am the teacher they can relate to, and that I'm the one they want to come get advice from. I am lucky to have a job, and I am THANKFUL for my job. I am thankful for the students that God chose to put into my classes knowing that I could touch their little lives each in very different but very specific ways, and I love that through that process they are touching my life and they are changing me. I am thankful for the people that I work with because they provide me with an AWESOME support group. I am specifically thankful for those coworkers that have become friends. Wow. I have a lot to be thankful for this holiday season, I am truly truly blessed beyond measure!

No comments: