Monday, November 30, 2009

Let me introduce you to someone...

(This is where I wanted to put the ultrasound picture, but I couldn't get it scanned in)

That's right Brad and I are expecting our very first child on July 14th :) After we got over the initial shock since we were not trying to get pregnant, we were THRILLED!! We spent Thanksgiving telling our friends and family the exciting news, and now it is my privilege to share it with the world wide web!!

To tell my parents and brother I wrote each of them a note from the baby (whom we are referring to as "Baby C"), and I wrote a cute little poem to give to Brad's parents. They were all so excited, but not nearly as excited as Haley and Riley! Haley is super inquisitive about the whole thing, and Riley is pretty pumped too.

We went for our first appointment last Tuesday, and we got to see the baby and hear its heartbeat. It was so amazing!! I am so amazed at what an awesome God we worship!

Now that everyone knows they can stop wondering why I can't seem to bring myself to put make up on, clean my house, or for that matter even get out of the bed in the morning. The other morning one of my students said "Mrs. Collins you know you look much prettier when you actually put make up on" haha oops :) All of that being said Brad is definitely giving Chris Dowdy a run for his money in the husband of the year department. He has done all of the laundry in our house, mowed our grass, brought dinner home, and felt really sorry for me. I cannot believe how tired I am, or how sick I have felt lately. I do not like feeling so blah all the time. But only four more weeks of feeling like this, so I can tough it out for that long. My Mom swears that one day I will just wake up and will feel completely better...I'm still waiting for that switch to flip :)

7 comments:

Wolford Family said...

OH.MY.GOODNESS!!! You have no idea how incredibly happy I am for you guys!!! Surprise babies are so much fun! You will both be awesome parents and I can't wait to buy the little guy or girl something special. I'm praying that your sickness gets better soon. I was sick until 16 weeks with Riley and until 18 weeks with this one. Love you girlie!!

Keeping up with the Jones said...

Congrats Brad and April!!! Welcome to the wonderful world of parenting! What an amazing gift from God! So happy for yall! April you pull out that "pregnant card" til July,...Brad can handle the laundry, dinner, and dishes! haha! Love you guys! I want to see the ultrasound asap! :) Keep us all posted!

Jessamyn said...

Hi April!! I am so excited for you! I bet you were surprised for sure! Congratulations. I hope you feel better soon. The way you told your family was so cute. What an awesome thing to be thankful for at thanksgiving! I'm glad to hear you're doing well. :)

Emily said...

Can I get a "holla" on not having to keep a secret anymore...I am so posting the pics of the night you came over and we found out...so if you don't want those on the WWW speak now or forever hold your pregnant peace!!:) Chris and I are thrilled...(and Sam and Charley)! I see the way my kids ABSOLUTELY LOVE you guys and how they feel completely comfortable around you and I INSTANTLY know you guys are going to be AMAZING parents! Surprise blessings are the best!! We love you guys and can't wait for baby C! Now baby C, STOP making your momma feel so yucky!

Sarah Snow said...

congrats april and brad :) that's soooooo exciting!!! enjoy the holidays! hope to see you soon!

frosty said...

april! my mom told me the wonderful news! congrats! we are so happy for you & brad! can't wait to hear more updates! hope you feel better soon sweetie! sending love from guam!

The Garners said...

Congrats guys!! Being a mommy is the best thing in the world and I know you two are going to be great parents!!