Monday, March 15, 2010

In Case You Need a Good Laugh...


I am going to tell you the funniest story I think I have EVER heard.  My best friend's Mom told it to her, and she passed it along to me.  For the record this story is 100% true, no part of it has been made up or even enhanced...


There is a lady who works with best friend's Mom who has a son who has some form of mental handicap.  He is old enough and capable enough to stay home during the day by himself (so we're thinking he's probably 18-20 years old).  Anyway, this lady calls her son to check on him during the day, and he tells his Mom that he caught a troll, and he locked it away in the closet.  This is nothing new to her because he makes up stories like this to keep himself entertained all the time, so she thinks nothing of it.  A couple hours later she calls back to check in on him and he says that he keeps trying to feed the troll Skittles under the closet door, but the troll keeps pushing them back, so he decides that trolls don't like Skittles.  Still the Mom thinks nothing of this, and figures he's just really amused with this particular story.  But, when the Mom calls back a couple more hours later (so at least 4 hours have passed) and the son is panicking and says that the troll kept trying to get out of the closet, so he shoved a chair against the door so he couldn't escape she decides she should go home and check on the situation.  When the woman arrives home she finds a MIDGET locked in the closet!!!!  Apparently the census worker came knocking on the door, and her son thought he was a troll so he captured him!!!  How hilarious is that???  I couldn't stop laughing for hours, I'm still laughing as I sit here and type this story out to you!! Luckily the census worker isn't going to press any charges...

Speaking of trolls...how many of you played with these when you were younger, or am I the only one??

3 comments:

Wolford Family said...

Oh my goodness...too funny! And I did play with trolls. I used to love those ugly little things!!

The Harris Family said...

That story made my day!!! Thanks for sharing! :) Tooooo funnnny!

The Garners said...

oh my goodness that is the funnest thing I've ever heard!! Thanks for sharing!!