Sunday, March 14, 2010

Shopping and Thriftiness...

With baby girl (we're closer in the name search, but still not quite there yet) on the way I am trying my very best to be thriftier. Don't get me wrong, since being married I have been thrifty, but I am trying to find ways to be even thriftier (is that even a word because I'm using it like it is). Before being married I had an OBSESSION with designer jeans, as in $200-$300 dollar jeans...yea I know, I know, don't judge me please. Since being pregnant I haven't been able to find any maternity jeans that aren't HIDEOUS or awkwardly shaped, until last weekend when I set out to find the perfect pair of maternity jeans. I was just going to head straight for the mall, but I decided I would stop in Once Upon a Child first just to see if they had any good deals, and I was THRILLED when I found a NIIIIIIICE pair of designer maternity jeans for, brace yourself, EIGHT DOLLARS. I could not believe it!!! I also found a cute pair of Old Navy maternity jeans for nine dollars. It was a very successful trip and I managed to stay out of the mall traffic. Then, this weekend Mom and I went to a couple of consignment sales in the area, Back on the Rack and Lauren Alex & Friends. These are not what I like to call my type of shopping, but I just braved the crowd and I'm glad I did because I found some really cute things, and got some GREAT deals!!


Here are three Christmas outfits I bought for baby girl at Belk for 50% off, and then an additional 35% off....
The more I buy for her the more excited I am for her to arrive!!

And I have discovered my new favorite store in Roanoke...it's called Two and a Half Sisters. It's right across from the upper level of Tower's. They are all about some monogramming, I wanted to buy EVERYTHING in there, you should go check it out :)

3 comments:

Wolford Family said...

Love the outfits! It is SO much fun buying for a girl. I have so much trouble finding really cute things for Braylen. Can't wait to see the little girl in these outfits!!!

The Harris Family said...

Sooo cute! your making me want another baby (a girl to be exact) hahah! :). once upon a child is my fav place now that I am trying to be thrifty as well, I get Polo, Gymboree, Childrens Place and everything there for Cohen :)

Keeping up with the Jones said...

Aw!! I hope I get blessed with a baby girl someday too! :) Baby C is going to looks SUPER precious in those outfits,...and esp in her craft made hokie outfit! :)