Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Super Proud...

I remember being a little girl and wondering what my little brother Ben would look like when he grew up, what he would be like, and how we would get along.  I never imagined he would be this great.  I never imagined he would be one of my best friends.  I never imagined he would inspire me to be a better person.  I never even imagined he would be so handsome :)

Yesterday Ben won the Don Holliday Memorial Golf Scholarship which is the largest golf scholarship in Virginia (I think, but don't hold me to it).  I've known how great Ben is for a long time, but it was nice to see other people recognize it too.  I am SO SO proud of him. 

I'm going to be honest and say I'm dreading the day he goes to Newberry, SC and he can't just pop in to say hello and steal a Dr. Pepper on his way home from work.  But, at the same time I cannot wait to see what God has planned for his life, I know he has AWESOME things in store for Ben, and that he will use him in BIG ways.  So, I will entrust my sweet baby brother into his hands, and wait to see all the places he'll go!!

2 comments:

frosty said...

how wonderful!! i'm so happy for ben!! so exciting!!

Wolford Family said...

Such a sweet post! I hope Riley and Braylen grow up that close! Congrats to your brother!