Thursday, August 26, 2010

Naptime, Uncle Ben and othe random odds and ends...

This is a desperate cry for help to all of you experienced Mom's out there. Emery is doing great on her 3 hour schedule of feed, wake, sleep. She goes down really well at night time, and is sleeping 5-6 hours consistently, BUT...when I try to lay her down for a nap during the day she SCREAMS. I know she is tired, but she absolutely will not go down for a nap unless she is being held or she is in her car seat in the car. Trust me when I say I've tried just about EVERYTHING, but I'm desperate, so give me some of your suggestions!!

Last Thursday Uncle Ben went off to college, and we were all sad to see him go, but SUPER excited for him to start this exciting new adventure!! We know that Ben is a special boy, and that God has some GREAT plans for his life and we are SO excited to watch them unfold. Here are some sweet pictures of him with Emery.

Can I just say I love being a "stay at home mom". I know its not permanent, but I am so thankful for the time I do get to spend with my pretty girl. I love that I get to play with her, hold her, and just look at her all day long. I also love that my house is fairly clean and the laundry doesn't go weeks and weeks without being touched. Emery doesn't want me to go back to work. I'll show you what I mean...This is what she does every time we talk about it, or maybe that's just me...

Also, I've been working hard trying to get back into shape, and I'm hoping to look like this by spring time...YEA RIGHT!! haha But a girl can dream :)


2 comments:

Wolford Family said...

oh girl, the last I saw you, you were already back in shape!!!

As for Emery's naps...not sure. Do you swaddle her tight? I know you are using a sound machine (think i remember you getting one at your shower). Maybe try sort of wedging her between two things (safely, of course) and maybe she would feel like something was sort of holding her. Something that works for Braylen is putting something soft, like part of his swaddle blanket or one of those small taggie blankets, against his cheek. Seems to soothe him. Good luck!!!!!!

The Harris Family said...

Cohen did the same thing! Hence why he slept in a swing until he was 6mo old. which i dont recommend! hard habit to break. I agree with the swaddling, music, sound machine, anything. I know your frustration. :( Good Luck!