Sunday, January 16, 2011

Procrastination

Procrastination has lead me to put off blogging Christmas until now...almost a month later. I just knew I wanted to upload a lot of pictures, and I knew that blogger is obnoxious :) But...here goes nothing...

Emery's first Christmas was everything I hoped it would be. It was fun, memorable, special, and filled with lots of new traditions. Emery obviously had no clue what was going on, but she was VERY into unwrapping gifts, and pulling tissue paper out of bags....so fun! On Christmas Eve we celebrated Christmas with my Mom's side of the family, then rushed off to Christmas Eve service at our church. This is the first year since Brad and I have been married they have had a service at our church, and it was AWESOME!! (Have I ever mentioned that I love love love our church??)

Then I cooked a Christmas dinner, and Brad's family came over so we could do Christmas with them. I was really proud of myself for cooking a holiday dinner. It is something I have wanted to do since Brad and I were first married, and I finally got the chance this year!!


Christmas Eve with Brad has always been my favorite time of Christmas, and this year was no different except instead of just Brad and I it was Emery, Brad, and I. We let Emery open one gift from us...her Christmas pajamas. And then she put those on, and we read the Christmas story out of our family Bible by candle light and ladies (and gentlemen if there are any of you besides Ben haha) that makes my heart very very happy :)


Emery got an extra Christmas gift for her first Christmas...a white Christmas!! So exciting!

Then on Christmas morning Emery got to see what Santa brought her, and open up her gifts from us. After our own Christmas morning, we headed over to my Mom and Dad's to do Christmas with them.

Once we left there we came home to hurry and get ready, then were off again to Brad's parents to do Christmas with his side of the family (no pics...ugh...sometimes I totally forget to take pictures), and from there we went straight down to the lake to do Christmas with my Dad's side.






CRAZY is the best way to describe our Christmas, crazy but super super fun :)

1 comment:

Lori and Dustin said...

Looks like you guys all had a great Christmas. Love the pic of the 6 of us-might have to steal it! Is that a Violet dog? Rachel has one and LOVES it!